The state Department of Social Services (DSS) is holding webinars to help assisted living centers comply with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings Final Rule.
Centers will be assessed for compliance with the HCBS Settings Final Rule based on seven key concept areas, including location, living arrangements, privacy, dignity and respect, physical accessibility, autonomy and community integration. Providers must be in full compliance with the rule by March 17, 2019.
Here are the upcoming sessions:
- HCBS Settings Guide to Expectations and Compliance Assisted Living Addendum to SD Medicaid Provider Agreement ASA Care Plan and Modifications – Dec. 14, 2016 – 1:30-3 p.m. CST/12:30-2 p.m. MST
- Privacy issue of bedroom or apartment door locks and the living arrangements issues of access to food and immediate access to setting – Dec. 28, 2016 – 1:30-3 p.m. CST/12:30-2 p.m. MST
- Community integration issues of work, volunteering and access to community and activities – Jan. 11, 2017 – 1:30-3 p.m. CST/12:30-2 p.m. MST
- Additional concept areas and topics – Jan. 25, 2017 – 1:30-3 p.m. CST/12:30-2 p.m. MST
- Question and answer opportunity – Feb. 8, 2017 – 1:30-3 p.m. CST/12:30-2 p.m. MST
Click here To view South Dakota’s Transition Plan and to review information on the HCBS Settings Final Rule.