The state Department of Social Services says South Dakota Medicaid is expanding coverage of telemedicine services to more closely align with Medicare coverage of telemedicine services.
South Dakota Medicaid will add additional CPT codes for subsequent nursing facility care (CPT 99307-99310) and behavioral health services (CPT 90832–90838).
Providers at the distant site must be enrolled as a servicing provider with South Dakota Medicaid. The originating site must be an enrolled provider and the facility must be billed using HCPC code Q3014. The following originating sites are approved to bill a facility fee:
- Office of a physician or practitioner
- Outpatient Hospitals
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Rural Health Clinics (RHC)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- Indian Health Service (IHS) Clinics
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC)
- Nursing Facilities
Additional information can be found in the Professional Services Billing Manual or Institutional Billing Manual.