- This event has passed.
Education: South Dakota Summit on Interprofessional Education
August 15 at 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT
South Dakota Summit on Interprofessional Education
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
Arrowwood Cedar Shore Oacoma, South Dakota
This educational activity is jointly provided by USD School of Health Science, South Dakota AHEC Centers, SD Center for Nursing Workforce, and Innovation Circle (comprised of Nursing leaders from practice and education)
Overview: To strengthen the participant’s ability to lead the transformation of health professional education designed to develop skills in interprofessional practice focused on the Quadruple Aim (quality, cost and population health, employee satisfaction).
- Discuss the advancement of Interprofessional Education (IPE) Infrastructure in supporting enhanced communication and related efforts for health systems and the education and training of health professionals since the initial summit in August of 2013
- Discuss the maturation of emerging work between SD-IPEC and NEXUS
- Describe the impact return of interprofessional work in IPE, collaborative practice and efforts in achieving the Quadruple Aim
- Identify ongoing gaps in IPE, collaborative practice, and achievement of the Quadruple Aim
- Develop a collaborative action plan to address IPE priority needs in South Dakota
For More information click here.
Registration Your nonrefundable registration fee of $50 includes a continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon break. To register click here.