The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering a web course titled “Collecting Data on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Health Care Settings.”
The training, part of CMS’s Catching Everyone in America’s Safety Net series, is available through the MLN Learning Management and Product Ordering System. The course will cover:
- Basic terminology for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people
- LGBT health needs and disparities
- The importance of asking people about their SOGI in clinical settings
- Why SOGI data should be collected and different ways to collect it in the clinical setting
- Ways to implement SOGI questions into work flows with and without electronic health records
Continuing education credits are available.