• Healthcare data breached increased 36% in the second half of 2020 compared to the first half. Almost three-quarters of the number of breaches reported to HHS in the last six months of 2020 were tied to third-party business associates.*
• Total number of patient records accessed by bad actors nearly tripled in the second half of 2020 when compared to the first six months of the year.*
• The average ransom payment was $154,000 with multi-million demands also becoming more frequent.**
*CI Security; **Coveware
These cyber-attacks are especially challenging for small to mid-size health care organization and their vendors, forcing many organizations out of business. Is your business in a position to withstand a security and/or privacy incident?
In this session, our speaker will discuss the threat landscape; risk management and risk transfer techniques (including cyber insurance) to help prepare for a likely attack, and what considerations your business will need to know when a cyber incident affects your business or supply chain.
Learning Objectives of Session:
- Build awareness on the current security and privacy breach trends
- Become more prepared to respond to cyber incidents
- Identify and address potential cyber insurance pitfalls and coverage gaps