The Office of Rural Health and the South Dakota Healthcare Financial Management Association are teaming up on the annual SD CAH-HCPro Medicare Boot Camp.
Staff working in SD critical access hospitals (CAHs) or assist CAHs with Medicare reimbursement are eligible to attend the training, which will be held Sept. 12-14 in Sioux Falls.
Workshop topics include
- Medicare Overview and Resources
- Medicare Claims Submission Fundamentals
- Overview of the Cost-Based Reimbursement System
- Coverage and Billing for Hospital Inpatient & Outpatient Services
- Coverage and Billing for Swing Bed Admissions
The class size is strictly limited to 26 attendees, so those interested are encouraged to sign up as soon as registration opens. Registration and hotel information will be shared at a later date.
This workshop is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) Grant Program. The support provides a $700 savings per workshop attendee.
Email Rural Hospital Program Coordinator Kenneth Doppenberg for more information.