The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has provided a draft of its FY 2018 – 2022 Strategic Plan for comments. The draft is a part of the strategic planning process under the Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010 and gives stakeholders an opportunity to provide input.
There are five broad goals in the plan:
- Reform, strengthen, and modernize the nation’s health care system
- Protect the health of Americans where they live, learn, work, and play
- Strengthen the economic and social well-being of Americans across the lifespan
- Foster sound, sustained advances in the sciences
- Promote effective and efficient management and stewardship