The 93rd Session of the South Dakota Legislature concluded its work late this afternoon with passage of the General Appropriations Bill. The bill includes budgets for the Departments of Social Services and Human Services, along with the supporting information released by the Legislative Research Council for health care providers funding. The following information provides a summary outline.
- $695,265 – Increase all providers to 90 percent for last three months of the fiscal year (providers in red).
- $2,002,846 – One-time bonus for direct care workers for the providers in yellow (CSPs, Nursing Homes).
- $1,655,134 – Increase community-based providers 2 percent and increase for all others (hospitals and physicians) 0.5 percent for the last three months of the fiscal year
(in addition to the items above).
- $4,350,399 – Total General Fund Increase for FY2018
- $2,719,375 – Maintain all providers at 90 percent for the fiscal year (as included in the Governor’s budget).
- $6,213,128 – Increase for community-based providers 2 percent and increase for all others (hospitals and physicians) 0.5 percent – Maintain rates consistent as described in FY2018. Once increased on April 1, 2018 and maintained the remainder of the year.
- $417,749 – Increase to Health Homes Provider Rates (agency request, not included in Governor’s budget)
- $9,350,252 – Total FY2019 General Fund Increase
- Health Care Solutions Coalition recommendations, which were supported by SDAHO and its members, were fully funded as recommended in Governor’s budget.
- $13,700,651 – Represents the total new General Fund allocations for provider rate enhancements as appropriated by the 2018 legislature.
Additional analysis and information will be shared as it becomes available.