The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations is accepting nominations for Distinguished Service Awards. The Distinguished Service Awards were created to recognize individuals for their exemplary service to health care and accomplishments in advancing the goals and purposes of the Association.
There are eight categories for the awards:
Media Personality Award
- Recognizes a member of the media who has a sustained and distinguished record for disseminating knowledge of health care in a fair and accurate manner. This individual may work for print, broadcast or social media.
State Legislator Award
- Recognizes a state legislator for his or her contribution of promoting health care in South Dakota. Through their support, this legislator has improved the quality and effectiveness of the delivery of health care.
State Official Award
- Recognizes a state official for their contribution to health care in South Dakota. Through their efforts, this individual has improved the tools, resources, quality and effectiveness of health care delivery in our state.
Health Care Professional Award
- Recognizes a health care professional for their contribution and leadership in providing quality health care. This individual influences effective change, quality and advocacy with an eye to the future, in the delivery and promotion of health care in South Dakota.
Health Care Hero Award
- Recognizes an individual who goes above and beyond their job description providing extraordinary patient/resident care. This person may work in any capacity for a health care organization. Their interactions with patients, residents and co-workers provide the “WOW Factor!”
Young Professional Award
- Recognizes an individual under the age of 40 who demonstrates leadership and a passion for making a difference in health care in their community.
Post-Acute Care Champion Award
- Recognizes a post-acute care professional for their contribution and leadership in providing quality post-acute health care. This individual influences effective change, quality and advocacy with an eye to the future, in the delivery and promotion of post-acute care in South Dakota.
Nominations are due by June 22. Click here for more information and to make a nomination.