The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will offer a free webinar on June 27 at 1 p.m. CT on diabetes and the Native American culture.
Presenters will highlight the importance of culturally sensitive care through traditional foods, traditional physical activities and native language. They will offer insights for tribes, health care providers, researchers, policy makers and others interested in diabetes care.
- Learn how programs support long-term care needs of community members who have diabetes.
- Understand how tribal, state and federal funding influence programming.
- Identify new ways to overcome program challenges or barriers.
- Describe integrated cultural considerations within diabetes programs.
- Highlight and share successful program strategies.
Click here to register.