Learn how to utilize dementia care best practices at a one-day, in-person training session being offered in multiple locations across South Dakota. This training opportunity is intended for nursing home front-line staff (nursing assistants, nurses), but is appropriate for all departments that work with dementia.
The Great Plains Quality Innovation Network (QIN) is hosting the training through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP). Upon completion, attendees will be eligible to apply for credentialing as a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP).
Training dates and locations include:
- Tuesday, August 28 – Rapid City, Best Western Ramkota, 2111 N LaCrosse
- Wednesday, August 29 – Chamberlain, AmericInn, 1981 E King St
- Thursday, August 30 – Sioux Falls, Holiday Inn City Centre, 100 W 8th St
The tentative agenda includes:
8:00-8:30 a.m. – Registration
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Dementia
- Communication and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Delusions, Hallucinations, Hoarding, Wandering
12:30-1:30pm- Lunch Break
- Aggressive Behaviors, Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Cares; ADLs
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competency
- Spiritual Care and End of Life