The South Dakota Healthcare Financial Management Association and the South Dakota Office of Rural Health are hosting a HCPro Medicare Boot Camp, an intensive course on Medicare coverage, billing, coding and payment for critical access hospitals (CAH) and rural health clinics (RHC).
This one-of-a-kind, custom class will explain which rules apply to CAHs and RHCs so claims can be successfully processed and payments made without disruption to the revenue stream. The course will teach how to research Medicare regulations to resolve billing issues and respond to denials and audits. Jump to registration page now.
The Medicare Boot Camp—Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic Version will provide the knowledge and confidence to:
- Find answers to specific Medicare questions relating to CAHs and RHCs.
- Understand outpatient observation and inpatient status rules and UR requirements at CAHs.
- Submit accurate claims to Medicare, including CAH Part A to B rebilling, and from both independent and provider-based RHCs.
- Ensure appropriate reimbursement from Medicare and application of the patient’s financial responsibility.
- Avoid compliance pitfalls.
- Identify risks for recovery audits and other government audits.
- Understand RHC reporting of revenue codes, HCPCS codes and related charges for all services provided.
Who should attend?
- Billing specialists
- Chargemaster coordinators and managers
- Clinical documentation improvement specialists
- Clinic managers and department heads
- Finance and reimbursement managers
- HIM directors and managers
- Patient access/admitting staff
- Clinical personnel
- Coding specialists
- Rural Health Clinic revenue cycle, compliance, case management, and clinical personnel
- Critical Access Hospital revenue cycle, compliance, case management, and clinical personnel
Date: Sept. 11-13 for CAHs and Sept. 14 for RHCs
Location: Courtyard by Marriott, 4300 W. Empire Place, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Phone: 605-444-4300; SD HFMA has a block of rooms reserved.
Price for each session is $350 or $500 to attend both sessions.
Regular price for this education is $1,549. With HFMA discount, $1,049 is saved!