The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations is accepting nominations for Distinguished Service Awards. The Distinguished Service Awards were created to recognize individuals for their exemplary service to health care and accomplishments in advancing the goals and purposes of the Association.
Award recipients will be recognized at the SDAHO Annual Convention held in September. However, the selection process begins with nominations from you. Please consider submitting a nomination for an individual who has advanced the causes of health care delivery in South Dakota from the eight categories listed below. All winners of the Distinguished Service Award are kept confidential until awarded. Nominations are due June 22.
There are eight categories for the awards:
- This award recognizes a hospital or skilled nursing facility trustee or board member for their extraordinary service in leading their organization through the changing health care environment. This individual goes above and beyond attending meetings helping to improve health care in their community.
Media Personality Award
- Recognizes a member of the media who has a sustained and distinguished record for disseminating knowledge of health care in a fair and accurate manner. This individual may work for print, broadcast, or social media.
State Legislator Award
- Recognizes a state legislator for his or her contribution of promoting health care in South Dakota. Through their support, this legislator has improved the quality and effectiveness of the delivery of health care.
State Official Award
- Recognizes a state official for their contribution to health care in South Dakota. Through their efforts, this individual has improved the tools, resources, quality, and effectiveness of health care delivery in our state.
Health Care Professional Award
- Recognizes a health care professional for their contribution and leadership in providing quality health care. This individual influence effective change, quality and advocacy with an eye to the future, in the delivery and promotion of health care in South Dakota.
Health Care Hero Award
- Recognizes an individual who goes above and beyond their job description providing extraordinary patient/resident care. This person may work in any capacity for a health care organization. Their interactions with patients, residents and co-workers provide the “WOW Factor!”
Young Professional Award
- Recognizes an individual under the age of 40 who demonstrates leadership and a passion for making a difference in health care in their community.
Post-Acute Care Champion Award
- Recognizes a post-acute care professional for their contribution and leadership in providing quality post-acute health care. This individual influence effective change, quality and advocacy with an eye to the future, in the delivery and promotion of post-acute care in South Dakota.
Nominations are due by June 22. Click here for more information and to make a nomination.