South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) 2022 Post-Acute Partners in Care Conference is right around the corner. SDAHO is excited to bring together healthcare professionals into one location for this in-person conference, as we look to the future of senior living in South Dakota.
This 2 half day event is a unique opportunity that maximizes your time with focused topics. Hear from national and state experts including colleagues as they deliver solution-based interactive sessions. Over 10.4 education credits can be earned for nursing home administrators & social workers. New for this year we are offering 7.8 contract hours for nurses who attend!
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with geriatric tools, while visiting with exhibitors to learn about the latest innovative products and services available. Keynote Speakers include Juli Burney, an award winning motivational humorist and Jim “The Rookie” Morris, whose real life story was made into cinematic history with the release of the Disney movie The Rookie, starting Dennis Quaid.
Will we host drawings for great prizes again this year. A Coach purse, Apple watch, Echo Dots, Yeti Lunch bags and Road Trip Rocker Chairs are all up for grabs! At the end of the conference we will also be giving away a signed Jim “The Rookie” Morris jersey!
Specific Tracks for the entire post-acute care continuum are available, with many sessions designed to be beneficial for all focus areas. Now more than ever networking with multiple disciplines is necessary.
- Superpower of Language to End Ageism | Carmen Bowman, Edu-Catering: Catering Education for Compliance and Culture Change.
- The Year of Updates: Federal Guidance on COVID, Survey and Infection Control | Janine Finck-Boyle, Vice-President, Regulatory Affairs, LeadingAge.
- Making the Most of Your Medical Director Relationship | Joseph G. Rees, DO, Geriatrics and Internal Medicine Avera Health.
- 10 Key Tips to Manage Difficult Moments Associated with Dementia | Sarah Viola, Occupational Therapist, Ever-Present Insight and Brain Intercept.
- Staying Power: How to Keep Staff Longer | Shelonda Darling, Retention Strategist, Magnet Culture
- Laugh for the Health of It | Dan and Jill Johnson, Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders, Joyful Living Therapy.
- Top Ten Risk Issues for Senior Care | Cyndi Siders, RN, Executive Consultant, Vaaler Insurance, A Marsh and McLennan Insurance Agency LLC.
- Long Term Services and Supports: HOPE Waiver | Leslie Lowe, LTSS Field Operations Manager, Department of Human Services – Long Term Services and Supports; Greg Evans, Audit Manager, Department of Human Services, Budget & Finance.
- Join the Assisted Living Discussion: Checkers, Chess or Roulette | Gwen Maag, BSN, RN, BC, Education Coordinator, Avera Education & Staffing Solutions; Heather Moeching, Regional Vice President, Region 7, Edgewood Healthcare; Nathan Gellhaus, Owner/CEO, Angelhaus; Rhona Snyder, Senior Living Consultant SD, ND, FL and NE, Good Samaritan Society/Sanford Health; Owner, The Village Assisted Living, LLC; Debra Carlson, Public Health Advisor, South Dakota Department of Health, Licensure & Certification
- Physician Relationships in Assisted Living| Joseph G. Rees, DO, Geriatrics and Internal Medicine Avera Health
- Dining Solutions & Workforce Challenges | David C. Koelling, President, Strategic Dining Services
- The Expanding Stage: Where Grown-ups Keep Growing! | Deb Workman, Director of Education, Black Hills Playhouse
- They Drive Me Crazy! The Generational Story You’ve Never Heard | Shelonda Darling, Retention Strategist, Magnet Culture
Home Health and Hospice:
- Home Health Value-Based Purchasing: Preparing for Value-Based Care Part I| M. Aaron Little, CPA, Managing Consultant, BKD, LLP
- Home Health Value-Based Purchasing: Strategies for Value-Based Care Part II | Angela Huff, RN, Managing Consultant, BKD, LLP
- Staying Compliant & Maximizing Your Medicare Reimbursement | Nykesha Scales, Senior Provider Relations Representative, CGS Administrators, LLC
- Strategies to Prevent Compliance Risks in Hospice | M. Aaron Little, CPA, Managing Consultant, BKD, LLP
- Crisis Transitions of Care Panel | Tammy Hatting, COO, SDAHO; Kaitlyn Thomas, South Dakota Department of Health; Greg Santa Maria, South Dakota Healthcare Coalition; Dr. Luann Eidsness, Lifecircle South Dakota; Chris Qualm, Administrator, South Dakota Department of Health
- Validation® – Know What to Do Without Lying or Only Redirecting | Sponsored by Music and Memory | Carmen Bowman, Edu-Catering: Catering Education for Compliance and Culture Change
- Developing the Nurse Leader | Sponsored by Vaaler Insurance | Cyndi Siders, RN, Executive Consultant, Vaaler Insurance, A Marsh and McLennan Insurance Agency LLC
- Putting Infection Prevention into Everyday Practice | Cheri Fast, RN, BSN, CIC, South Dakota Foundation for Medical Care
- Rounding Up Recent Regulatory and Survey Developments | Sean Fahey, Health Law Attorney, Hall Render
- Moving Forward Together with the Department of Health | Chris Qualm, Administrator, South Dakota Department of Health
- QAPI: How to Have an Effective Program | Alexis Luke, Administrator, Good Samaritan Society – Canistota; Karen Blegen, Associate Quality Strategist, Good Samaritan Society – Canton & Luther Manor
- Abuse & Neglect Across the Continuum | Cassie Lindquist, Program Specialist, & Donna Fischer, State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, Division of Long-Term Services & Supports South Dakota Department of Human Services
For full session descriptions and track information check out the Conference Brochure!
Click here to register now!
Location and Lodging:
This years conference will be held at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. A block of rooms are available at the Sheraton Sioux Falls with the SDAHO Group rate. Click here to reserve your room. Hurry, the room block expires March 16, 2022!
Thank you to our sponsor who helped make this year’s conference possible! Avera Long-Term Care Pharmacy
Sponsorships are still available and are the best way to get additional exposure with our members. To become a sponsor, fill out this form.
COVID-19 potocols are built in to ensure a safe and productive conference for all.