The South Dakota Office of Rural Health through the SD Department of Health is promoting the Medical Countermeasures Point of Dispensing (POD) Planning and Response Course scheduled for June 21 and 22 in Pierre at the SD Capitol Visitors Center, 650 E. Capitol Ave.
This training course is to enhance jurisdiction preparedness and emergency response efforts by providing the knowledge of how to exercise and revise a plan that utilizes an all-hazards, whole community approach toward a medical countermeasures event. Assists with coordination of planning, training and responding to a Medical Countermeasure (MCM) response for a public health incident. This course responds directly to the National Preparedness Goal; as it applies to delivery of medical countermeasures to exposed populations.
- Category A, B, C Agents, natural hazards, man-made, or terrorism events.
- Point of Dispensing Command Structure for planning, execution, and demobilization of a jurisdictional response
- Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA)
- Discussions as it applies to local Emergency Support Function (ESF-8 and ESF-6)
- Public Health Preparedness Capabilities