The American Nurses Association is hosting a free, on-demand webinar on What Nurse Leaders Must Do to Ensure Patient Safety, Support Staff, and Promote a Just Culture. This 90-minute, on-demand webinar is presented by the outstanding speaker, nurse attorney and advocate, Edie Brous, JD, MS, MPH, RN.
Topics covered include:
- Past cases of nurses being criminally charged: Will this continue to happen?
- What nurse leaders need to know about the licensure implications of criminal charges and clinical error
- How criminally charging nurses for an error undermines patient safety and nurse retention
- The emotional and psychological toll clinical error takes on second victims: How to support your staff using a trauma-informed approach
- How to use the Just Culture approach to adverse event analysis
- Hiring considerations in nurses with a conviction history
- Potential liability for nursing managers: negligent hiring, negligent supervision, negligent retention, staffing, fraud, neglect/cruelty/abuse/exploitation, falsification of records, failure to report
- Strategies to reduce liability
Click here to register. The on-demand viewing link will be emailed to all registrants on or about November 2, 2022.