The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is developing online training for Regional Offices (RO), State Survey Agencies (SA) providers and other stakeholders on the new Nursing Home Requirements of Participation (RoPs).
Providers will be able to access the training here. The online sessions will remain available until July 2017.
- The training will contain information regarding Phase 1 of the New Nursing Home Requirements that will be effective starting Nov. 28.
- The information will address the new language included in the new and/or revised RoPs, and how Phase 1 will be implemented via the State Operations Manual, F-Tags, and survey process.
- CMS expects the online training will take no more than 3 hours, and will prepare surveyors to implement Phase 1 requirements.
- CMS will also release a revised version of Appendix PP which retains existing tags and guidance, but incorporates the newly effective regulatory language.
- CMS will be releasing a ‘job aid’ that identifies the F Tags that have new regulatory language added.
- The training will also address how the survey process will be used to address the regulatory requirements.
Provider training will not be tracked by CMS, and there will be no completion test or certificate provided. Download this document for more information.