Across the nation, health care providers are working to address the opioid crisis. The American Hospital Association this week released a toolkit to provide guidance and resources to hospitals and health systems on how to work with patients, clinicians and communities to stem the opioid epidemic.
The information is categorized into eight topic areas:
- Clinician education on prescribing practices
- Non-opioid pain management
- Addressing stigma
- Treatment options for opioid use disorders
- Patient, family and caregiver education
- Transitions of care
- Safeguarding against diversion
- Collaborating with communities
Each topic area includes a variety of resources, national and state guidelines, training, simulations and case examples. The toolkit can be found here.