SDAHO joined nearly 2,600 thought leaders from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Health & Human Services, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and many other national stakeholders in Baltimore last week for the CMS Quality Conference.
Seema Verma, CMS Administrator, opened the conference by highlighting the new strategic directions and priorities among all stakeholders and expanded collaborations for high-quality, affordable, patient-centered care.
The theme of the conference, Patients over Paperwork, emphasized patients first using data-proven outcomes. Topics covered included, but were not limited to:
- Population health improvement, health equity and rural health
- Person and family engagement
- Behavioral health, prevention and treatment
- Safer care and burden reduction
- Addressing the opioid epidemic
- Chronic disease management
Session recordings are available online at no charge. To listen to the sessions, refer to the conference agenda for information on daily topics, then connect to the recordings here: