The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) recently released the Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Proposed Rule Impact Analysis for FY 2019. The report outlines, for PPS Providers, how the Medicare inpatient fee-for-service (FFS) payments will change from FY 2018 to FY 2019 based on the policies set forth in the FY 2019 IPPS Proposed Rule.
The analysis compares the year-to-year changes in operating, capital, and uncompensated care payments. It also contains breakout sections that highlight the specific policies that influence the proposed payment changes including:
- Potential payment penalties under the Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) and electronic health record (EHR) Incentive Programs;
- Impact of the addition of hospice transfers to the Post-Acute Care Transfer Policy;
- Quality-based payment adjustments;
- Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) uncompensated care (UCC) payments; and
- CMS’ continued transition to the use of Medicare Cost Report Worksheet S-10 for UCC payments for FY 2019.
Comments on the proposed rule are due by June 25 to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. To submit your comments, click here and search for file code 1694-P.