The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will begin posting quality data from the Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program on Nursing Home Compare in compliance with the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act.
Measures that will be added to Nursing Home Compare are:
- Percent of residents who develop new or worsened pressure ulcers;
- Percentage of residents whose activities of daily living and thinking skills were assessed and related goals were included in their treatment plan;
- Percentage of residents who experience one or more falls with major injury;
- Medicare spending per resident beneficiary; and
- Rate of successful return to home or community.
To learn more about the release of the data on Nursing Home Compare, refer to the fact sheet released by CMS on Oct. 24.