Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Provider Preview Reports have been updated and are now available. Providers have until March 4, 2019 to review their performance data prior to the April 2019 Nursing Home Compare site refresh, during which this data will be publicly displayed. Corrections to the underlying data will not be permitted during this time; however, providers can request CMS review of their data during the preview period if they believe the quality measure scores that are displayed within their Preview Reports are inaccurate.
The data contained within the Preview Reports is based on quality data submitted by SNFs during the following quarterly timeframes:
- Quarter 3 – 2017 to Quarter 2 –
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay) (#0674)
- Percent of Residents or Patients with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (Short Stay) (NQF #0678)
- Application of Percent of Long-Term Care Hospital Patients with an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function (#2631).
- Quarter 4 – 2016 to Quarter 3 –
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary – Post-Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility Measure
- Discharge to Community- Post Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP)
As a reminder, CMS announced in October 2018 that it will not publish a 6th previously posted quality measure, Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmissions, at this time. Additional time will allow for more testing to determine if modifications to the measure and method of displaying it are needed. This additional testing will ensure that the future publicly reported measure is thoroughly evaluated so Compare users have an accurate picture of provider quality. While we conduct this additional testing, CMS will not post reportable data for this measure, including each SNF’s performance, as well as the national rate.