LeadingAge offers a 9-hour online training tool, developed by EduCare©, to provide skills needed to ensure individuals are well-prepared to work as a Basic Care Aide, or temporary Nursing Assistant in a variety of settings. Many states now allow shortened trainings: check with your LeadingAge State partner if you have questions.
The tool and competency test include the following modules in digestible segments, many in video format:
- Resident Rights, Abuse, Prevention and HIPPA
- Site and Natural Hazards
- Human Hazards
- Infection Control Techniques
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Personal Care
- Exercise and Ambulation
- Lifting and Safe Transfers
- Bedmaking and Positioning
- Temperature and Treatment
- Skin Care and Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- Dining, Nutrition and Food Safety
- Dementia Management and Abuse Prevention
- Behavioral Health
Is your shortened training expiring? Make sure you clarify the waiver transition for your state to determine the timeline and steps that must be taken to remain in compliance with the training of caregivers. Consider continuing to use the BCA program as a recruitment or pre-nursing assistant role to build your workforce pipeline.
Find this program on the LeadingAge Learning Hub here.