Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes to the CY 2021 Physician Fee Schedule that is aimed at reducing burden, recognizing clinicians for the time they spend taking care of patients, removing unnecessary measures and making it easier for clinicians to be on the path towards value-based care. The Medicare Learning Network is holding a listening session on Thursday, August 13 from 12:30 to 2 pm CST. During this listening session, CMS experts will briefly cover provisions from the proposed rule and address questions.
Here is a list of some of the proposed changes:
- Extending telehealth and licensing flexibilities beyond the public health emergency
- Updating Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding guidance
- Updating the Quality Payment Program/MIPS Value Pathways
- Updating opioid use disorder/substance use disorder provisions
Here are important links that will provide more information related to the changes:
- Proposed rule
- Press release
- Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule fact sheet
- Quality Payment Program proposed rule fact sheet
The proposed rule comments are due by October 5.