April 20 | Weed At Work: What Employers Need to Know about Marijuana in the Workplace, Presenter, Jennifer Mora, Seyfarth Shaw
In this webinar, we will review which marijuana laws impact employers and discuss key areas on which employers need to focus when it comes to staying compliant in the evolving legal landscape.
- Current state of marijuana at the federal level
- Medical marijuana at the state level, including an overview of states with laws and those that are considered employee-friendly
- Marijuana litigation trends
- Recreational marijuana at the state level
- The interplay between medical and recreational marijuana laws
- Drug testing considerations, including a short overview of some unique state policy requirements
- Issues for regulated employers (e.g., DOT and government contractors)
- How CBD is complicating the issues
HIMSS South Dakota Annual Spring HIT Forum topics include: cybercrime, cybersecurity, interoperability, IT in mergers, and med management in telehealth.
This virtual forum takes place over 3 days – April 20-22 – from 11am-1pm CST with two sessions each day. Registration is $30 for HIMSS members,, $40 for non-members and $0 for students.
April 22 | Conflict of Interest, Presenter, Michael Wyland, Sumption & Wyland
Part 2 of 3 of our Governance Series, this session will cover the basics of conflicts of interest, excessive compensation, and dealing with vendors and suppliers.
Introduction to IRS Code Section 4958 (“intermediate sanctions”) will feature prominently in this session.
Other educational opportunities happening this week include:
- Understanding South Dakota CHW Training Programs and Scope of Work
- Better Choices Better Health Cancer Workshop
- An Overview of Federal Broadband Programs and Resources
- Better Choices Better Health Pain Workshop
- Better Choices Better Health Tomando Control de su Salud