SDAHO and BCBH-SD are partnering in order to raise awareness with our members of this free resource. If you have patients that would benefit from these workshops, please consider ordering these free marketing materials located under the Chronic Disease Category.
To make a referral:
Physicians, healthcare providers, or other professionals, can use the Fax Referral Form or simply make a call at 1-888-484-3800.
BCBH-SD offers different types of workshops that fit your patients needs:
- Try a self-study approach: BCBH-SD @ Home
- Join an online group class: BCBH-SD Live!
- Connect with an in-person group to socialize and walk at your own pace: Walk With Ease
- Set walking goals and join online exercise sessions: Take a Step and Walk With Ease
- Increase your strength and flexibility with in-person exercise workshops: Fit & Strong!
- Try Fit & Strong! from home with virtual workshops: Fit & Strong! @ Home
- Step up your commitment with an online wellness series: Small Steps to Healthy Living
What will my patient get out of these workshops?
During these skill-building workshops your patient will learn to better manage their condition and their life even if you have been coping with a chronic condition for many years. They will meet others who deal with chronic conditions and identify new resources and support systems.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone with a chronic condition
What Are Some Chronic Conditions BCBH Workshops Can Help Manage?
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pain
- Breathing problems
- Weight concerns
- Emotional conditions
- Early dementia
What Are the Benefits?
- Increased exercise
- Better symptom management
- Better communication with physicians
- Better general health
- Less health distress
- Less fatigue
- Increased social activities and community involvement
- Identify support systems and new resources
- Fewer days in the hospital
- Fewer outpatient visits
What Does It Cost?
Workshops are FREE!