Sad Isn’t Bad is a free grief counseling and support program for children and adults who care for them. This non-denominational community program is open to all school-age children (K-12) and their parents or caregivers.
The mission of Sad Isn’t Bad is to support children and their families who have lost a loved one. Sad Isn’t Bad is for the whole family to:
- help children identify and express their feelings in a healthy way;
- foster open family communications;
- provide tools to help individuals continue on their grief journey.
For each session, groups meet once a week for four weeks. Professional counselors and social workers lead separate groups for children, adolescents and adults.
Parents and caregivers can register their families for sessions. They also welcome family referrals from school counselors, social workers, parish nurses, funeral home staff and others who support grieving children and their families.
Upcoming Sessions and Information:
Tuesdays October 5, 12, 19, and 24, at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church (909 W. 33rd St). Sessions last from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and include:
- Grief counseling sessions for children, adolescents, and their caregivers; led by professional counselors and social workers.
- A free meal at each session
- Free childcare for the youngest members of the family (birth through Pre-K)