Since its inception in 2020, over 120 nurses have participated in the program. SDAHO has partnered with the University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business to create executive leadership content designed to meet specific state needs and provide additional resources to help retain and grow current and emerging nurse leaders, specific to South Dakota. Participants will also gain the opportunity to create important personal and professional relationships with other nurse leaders, facilitators, and state department leaders.
Hear from Dr. Jewel Goodman Shepherd and Dr. Carole South-Winter on what you can expect during this program.
ABOUT SDAHO’s NURSE LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This program consists of monthly webinars, in-person education and the program will conclude with a completion ceremony. Some of the educational topics include creative thinking and problem solving, financial essentials for healthcare managers, conflict resolution, regulatory compliance, survey preparedness, advocacy, building and boosting team performance, championing change and more. Our 2022 program is designed to provide hospital and post-acute nurses with the opportunity to grow as a leader, establish a network of colleagues, learn from other successful nurses throughout the state and be connected to several key contacts, such as South Dakota’s regulatory departments (Department of Health, Department of Social Services, Board of Nursing, Attorney General’s Office, Department of Health & Human Services, Ombudsman Office).
SDAHO’s Nurse Leadership Program Includes:
- January: Welcome & USD Leadership Training, Sioux Falls, SD
- February: Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (virtual)
- March: Creative Thinking and Problem Solving (virtual)
- April: Registration to Post-Acute Partners in Care Conference, Sioux Falls, SD
- May: Leadership Essentials for Healthcare Managers (virtual)
- June: Building and Boosting Team Performance (virtual)
- July: Data-Driven Decision Making (virtual)
- August: Championing Change (virtual)
- September: Registration to SDAHO’s Annual Convention (Sioux Falls, SD)
- October: State Department (Department of Health, Department of Social Services, Ombudsman, Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Attorney General) & Advocacy Day (Pierre, SD)
Questions? Contact Michella Sybesma, SDAHO’s Director of Education at Michella.email@example.com or 605-789-7528.