The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) is excited to announce an exclusive resource for members, our long-term care (LTC) weekly update.
Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our April 11th Long-Term Care weekly update
- Information relating to the funding the Legislature appropriated during the 2022 Legislative Session from DHS. Letter of intent attached. 6% On-Going Funding for Providers (FY 2023)
- One-Time 20.3% Nursing Home Rate Increase (Fiscal Year 2022)
- 10% Enhanced HCBS FMAP
- Public Health Emergency Extended to Mid-July 2022. Federal health officials have emphasized that they will give at least 60 days’ notice before ending the emergency designation.
- SNF PPS Proposed Rule Released: Around 4:30pm on Monday April 11, CMS released the Fiscal Year (FY) Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule (CMS 1765-P).
- A fact sheet on the FY 2023 SNF PPS proposed rule, available.
- FY 2023 SNF PPS proposed rule, available
- White House Announces Initiative on Medical Debt
- HRSA Releases More Funds: The Health Resources and Services Administration, on 4/13, released another $1.75 billion in Provider Relief Fund “Phase 4” payments to providers who experienced revenue losses and expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic based on changes in operating revenues and expenses from July 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021
- CMS Announces Cross-Cutting Initiatives
- CMS Hospice Public Reporting Key Dates for Hospices
- MACPAC Releases Updated Medicaid Statute and Regulations Guide
- Demographic Post-Acute Care Data Transition from ASPEN/iQIES to PECOS
- LeadingAge Joins LTC Providers in Asking DOL Implement a Streamlined Wage Determination Process for Foreign Nurses.
- ACL puts out fact sheet on the PHE unwinding
- Provider Relief Late Report Request Form Available
- LeadingAge comments on OASIS-E changes in home health
- Update on Home Health U537F Assigning in Error on NOAs
- Hospice Proposed Rule Calls
- KFF puts out new resource on ending of the PHE.
- Dementia education for building management staff
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!