This past week, the South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) and South Dakota Association for Healthcare Quality (SDAHQ) partnered on a Spring event titled Performance and Process Improvement- Leadership “Yellow Belt”. This day and half training session on Lean/Six Sigma process improvement was led by Sarah Pavelka, PhD, MHA, OTR/L, CPHQ, FNAHQ, of Pavelka Point Consulting.
- Understanding the cultural change and the impact on team behaviors
- Identify which improvement tools work best for each stage of the Six Sigma process Define, Measure, Analyze Improve and Control (DMAIC) process
- How to calculate ROI based on hard and soft savings.
The SDAHO Quality team focus for the past year has been on developing relationships with our quality teams across the state and enhance the support received by your assigned Clinical Improvement Consultant and leadership. These activities include:
- support for HQIC, MBQIP/Flex measures reporting
- strengthening the educational opportunities and working on key state initiatives
If you did not have an opportunity to be one of the 30 attendees at the SDAHQ event, we encourage you to seek out another training course of Lean/Six Sigma. SDAHO’s Quality team looks forward to walking with you on the journey of providing the best quality of care in SD.
For more informaiton on SDAHO’s Quality Integration team, visit our website.