Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where members can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our June 17 Long-Term Care weekly update:
We have exciting news on the hospice and palliative care front. SDAHO has hired Michele Snyders (from Avera/Avel eCARE) as our new Hospice and Palliative Care program manager! She starts next week on June 23.
- NEW CMS MEMO – Surveys for compliance with Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Requirements.
- More Phase 4 Payments Being Distributed:
- Resources from NHSN Webinar on Event-Level COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting Form
- HHVBP Team Releases Podcast and Video Reviewing QAPI and Resources.
- MACPAC Plan to Explore Nursing Home Staffing Issues
- IRS Increases Standard Mileage Rate in Final Months of 2022.
- HHS Guidance on HIPAA and Audio-Only Telehealth (6/13)
- ONC Conducting Phone-Based Survey on SNF and Hospice Health IT
- COVID-19–Associated Mortality Risk Among Long-Term Care Facility Residents and Community-Dwelling Adults Aged ≥65 Years
- COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among Medicare Beneficiaries With and Without Disabilities in United States
- OMB cleared the HH payment rule
- CNA Training Lockout Bill Introduced in U.S. Senate.
- LeadingAge sends letter of support on Expanding Veterans’ Options for Long Term Care
- LeadingAge Meeting with DOL to Address Prevailing Wage Determinations for Foreign Nurses and National Apprenticeships
- MedPAC Releases June 2022 Report to Congress: Medicare and the Health Care Delivery System
- Get the funding information you need! Navigating the Employee Retention Credit. On June 22 at 2:00 PM ET, the LeadingAge Learning Hub will offer a webinar focused on the nuances of the Employee Retention Credit for aging services providers, including processes and eligibility requirements
- $1M LeadingAge grant will identify, advance actionable nursing home reform
- Rep. Schakowsky Leads Efforts to Strengthen Funding to Support Health Care Professionals Who Care for Older Adults
- CDC/NHSN Webinar on June 23rd from 1-2pm CST: Up to Date surveillance definition change for COVID-19 Vaccination Modules. Register in Advance
- Attention emergency preparedness planners in your facility
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!