Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
August 19, 2022, Update
• Nursing Home Rate Methodology
• CMS Releases Blog on Roadmap to the End of COVID PHE.
• FDA Finalizes Guidance on Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids.
• Administration Signs H.R. 5376, Inflation Reduction Act.
• CDC Infection Prevention Training *REMINDER*
• CMS Will Host Home Health (HH) OASIS-E Guidance Training Program.
• National Stakeholder Call with CMS leadership on Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
• Share Your Passion and Expertise: Be A Mentor.
• Data Submission for AHRQ SOPS Nursing Home Survey.
• September Webinar: Home Health Value-Based Purchasing.
• New Nursing Home RoPs Guidance 2022 Resources:
• WANTED – Member Feedback for CMS RFI on Medicare Advantage (MA).
• LeadingAge Call with FCC to Examine Internet Options for HUD-Assisted Communities.
• Report on impacts of inflation on home health labor costs.
• Protect Against Zeppelin Ransomware.
• Check out this 15-minute podcast explaining the value benefits of having a plan for palliative care in long-term care:
• SDAHO Post-Acute Care Education: https://sdaho.org/calendar/
August 23 at 11am CST – The role of guardianship and conservatorship in improving patient outcomes
August 24 at 1pm CST – Key 2022 health care trends, the current state of skilled nursing/LTC and using data for gain clarity
August 25 at 11:30am CST – Collecting sexual orientation and gender identity in the health record
August 25 at 12:30pm CST – Palliative Care: The impact of cultural/spiritual needs in palliative care