This free professional development opportunity will be October 1, 2022 and upon completion of the event, learners will be able to:
- Express increased confidence in understanding myths of ostomy experience and themes of current ostomy science on quality of life for ostomates.
- Use assessment of stomal protrusion and abdominal contours and knowledge of ostomy products to develop an appropriate pouching system and appropriate use of accessory products.
- List 3 interventions to promote effective management of ostomy output.
- Discuss different misconceptions of convexity.
- Identify at least 3 practical tips to share with someone who wants to travel with an ostomy.
- Relate 2 strategies to use in education of patients after ostomy surgery.
- Identify abnormal peristomal skin and describe adjustments in topical care needed.
- Identify behaviors and experiences that may impact and influence the ostomy patient’s quality of life.
You do not need to be a member of WOCN to participate. Click here for more info on this education and create a guest account.
This is a great opportunity to learn and discuss current best practice! Click here to view the flier.