September has been designated as National Workforce Development Month to highlight the importance of equipping Americans with the education, training, and skills necessary to advance their careers and rebuild our economy. Workplace impacts of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) is an important concept for businesses to understand.
Join Children’s Home Society of South Dakota (CHSSD) for a virtual learning series this month. Raising awareness about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the ACEs Study in the workplace offers companies and agencies an incredible three-fold opportunity to:
- help employees understand the root origins of their physical and emotional health concerns (ACEs) and offer access to resources for further information and help,
- reduce the ACEs-related impacts on worker performance and thus improve the workplace environment for all concerned, as well as the company/agency’s bottom line, and
- help a company or agency become trauma informed — meaning to understand how trauma (ACEs, childhood trauma) affects a person, an effect that can be reversed once understood and treated.
- Pillars of Trauma Informed Workplaces | Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 1-2pm CST /12-1pm MST
- Building Resilience at Work | Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1-2pm CST /12-1pm MST
CHSSD offers other free educational opportunities throughout the year. Here are some upcoming webinars:
- Enough Abuse: Strategies for Your Family and Community on September 21. Click here for more info.
- Understanding ACEs: Building Self-Healing Communities on October 12. Click here for more info.
For more information on CHSSD, visit their website at chssd.org.