SDAHO Long-Term Care Weekly Update October 7, 2022: A New Resource for Members
Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: Oct. 7, 2022
• Labor Department Offers Funding for Youth Apprenticeship Programs.
• MedPAC Data on Nursing Home Minimum Staffing Standards.
• NHPCO-Led Coalition Welcomes Introduction of GRIEF ACT in Congress.
• Health Home for Children with Medically Complex Conditions Notice of Funding Opportunity.
• Flu Vaccination Reporting for Nursing Homes: Nursing homes will begin reporting flu vaccination data for staff with this flu season (October 1 – March 31).
• DOL Announces $80 Million Grant Funding to Improve Shortage of Nurses.
• CMS issues an RFI on Creating First Ever National Provider Directory
• CMS Nursing Home Stakeholder Call – Notes from today’s call (10/6)
• New Nursing Home RoPs Guidance Tools.
• Donate to Support the LeadingAge Disaster Relief Fund.
• Call for 2023 Annual Meeting Sessions is Open.
• Benchmarking for LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
• November 9, 2:00 PM ET – SAVE THE DATE for a Webinar on the new MDS draft.
• NEW RoPs Toolkits and Resources for Staff Competency
• Clarification on CLIA Testing Memo.
• Free Courses on Adult Protective Services.
• Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Statement on Violence Against Health Care Workers
• Race and Ethnicity Influence End-of-Life Care for Medicare Patients with Dementia.
• New Prognostic Tool to Support End-of-Life Discussions for Dementia Patients.
• Researchers Find Personal Care Aide Shortage in Rural America.
• Independent Study Finds Home Health Value-Based Purchasing Demonstrated Slight Decreases in Utilization and Medicare Savings.