The Office of Rural Health within the South Dakota Department of Health has released the latest Healthcare Workforce Center Newsletter for the winter of 2022/23. This quarterly newsletter put together by the healthcare workforce collaborative is a partnership between the South Dakota Departments of Health, Education, Labor & Regulation and the Board of Regents. In addition, interested stakeholders throughout the state take part in providing information on workforce development, programs, and more. The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) is one of those stakeholders, providing detailed information and articles in each quarterly publication that lifts up the association’s efforts to assist members and the healthcare community with workforce challenges.
In this edition, SDAHO highlights the 2023 Nurse Leadership program and what to expect with this exciting new opportunity for emerging leaders in South Dakota.
Readers of the publication can subscribe to this electronic newsletter at no cost. Included in each edition is noteworthy information from a variety of sources, focusing on a multitude of issues all aimed on workforce solutions in South Dakota. Topics included in the winter 2022/23 Edition include:
- South Dakota Announces Next Generation of EMS Services
- The 1815 Project – Improving the Care Of South Dakotans With Diabetes, Heart
- Disease, And Stroke: Year Four Recap
- Dakota State University Joins American Medical Informatics Academic Forum
- Rural Dementia Caregiver Project
- SDSU Nursing, Pharmacy, Theater Students Team Up for Simulations
- SDAHO Offering Leadership Training To Help With Nursing Workforce Challenges
- Learning To Lead: Student Leadership Workshop
- DSU Health Informatics & Information Management Program Delivery Options Expand
- SDSU’s Online Phlebotomy Program Ranked #1 In the Nation by EduMed
- Sisters And Coworkers: Twins Found a Career Boost Through Build Dakota
- USD Nursing Gets $1 Million HRSA Grant To Grow South Dakota Nursing Workforce
- 3RNET And National Association of Rural Health Clinics Partnership
- SDSU Respiratory Care Scholarship Fund Grows
- Hot Careers In South Dakota Healthcare
- USD’s DNAP Program Receives Full Accreditation
- SDSU Faculty Author Manuscript on Harm Reduction Efforts Completed Through the Start-SD Project
- HRSA Releases Updated Workforce Projections Dashboard- The Dashboard Provides Projections of The Future Supply and Demand for Healthcare Occupations.
- Emergency Medical Service Staffing Shortage Drives Interest in Free EMT Course in South Dakota
Click here to view the latest edition of the Healthcare Workforce Center Newsletter.
To learn more about the Office of Rural Health or to subscribe visit them here.