Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week:
- Updates from Pierre
- SD DOH Community Conversations
- Public Health Emergency (PHE) to End on May 11
- CMS Releases Revisions to the State Operations Manual for Hospice Surveys.
- USCIS Releases New Strategic Plan Dedicated to Strengthening Immigration Policies, Workforce Investments and Enhancing Organizational Capability.
- “Welcome Corps” Refugee Resettlement Program Resources
- CMS Releases Guidance for New Provider Type Rural Emergency Hospital That May Provide SNF Care
- Federal Poverty Guidelines updates include significant jump.
- White House Releases “Blueprint for a Renter Bill of Rights” Amidst Effort to Improve Quality of Life for Renters
- State Health Official Letter: New Requirements for Unwinding from COVID-19 Public Health Emergency State Activities for Medicaid and CHIP.
- Hospice CAHPS Survey Data Submission Deadline February 8
- January 2023 Pre-Implementation Performance Reports (PIPRs) for Home Health Value Based Purchasing Available in iQIES.
- Weekly MMWR from CDC Specific to Nursing Home Residents:
- CMS Finalizes Rule Requiring MA organizations to pay back overpayments from prior years.
- CMS Updates Provider Specific Waiver Information.
- CMS Resources on Strengthening the Direct Care Workforce
- LeadingAge Leadership Summit – Registration is now Open!
- All Hands-on Deck – Progress Slows but LeadingAge Members Outpace All Nursing Homes.
- LeadingAge Met with CMS on Home Health Payment Data Release
- Members of Senate and House Introduce Bill to Invest in HCBS and Address Workforce Crisis.
- LeadingAge posts article on reintroduction of TNA Bill.
- Nursing Home Providers Should Brace for Government Audits, Enforcement Actions Over Covid Relief Funding
- South Dakota MOST (Medical Order for Scope of Treatment) Training/Webinar
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!