Each week we provide our members an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: February 17, 2023
- Updates from Pierre
- SD Health Link Update
- HHS Fact Sheet – COVID PHE Transition Roadmap
- CMS Releases Year 7 Evaluation of Independence at Home Demonstration
- CMS Proposes Nursing Home & SNF Ownership Disclosure Requirements
- New Survey Finds 60% of HHAs Expect CY2023 Final Rule to be “Somewhat Impactful”
- Hospice Aggregate Cap Self-Reporting Deadline is February 28th
- The FDA is slated to decide whether to approve nasal spray Narcan for OTC use by March 29
- HHS Announces New Models for Testing to Lower Prescription Drug Costs
- Hospice Preview Reports for the May 2023 Refresh Released
- CMS Proposes Benefit Expansion for Mobility Devices, Advancing Health Equity for People with Disabilities
- LeadingAge Lobbying Expense Percentage
- Senate Staffing Mandate Letter Reflects Issues Raised in LeadingAge Get Real on Ratios Proposal
- LeadingAge Asks HHS Secretary to Extend Waiver of 3-Day Stay
- LeadingAge Submits Comments on How to Improve MA Plan Practices Related to Coverage, Prior Authorizations, PACE and Much More
- LeadingAge to Senate: Long-Term Care Workforce Challenges are Truly a Crisis.
- Updated Resources and Toolkit for Emergency Preparedness
- SDAHO 2022 Lobbying Percentage
- What Happens to Staffing When Ownership Shifts to a REIT?
- Half of Adults Hospitalized for COVID Have Lingering Symptoms, Financial Difficulties, or Physical Limitations Months Later
- SDAHO Webinar: Infection Prevention and Control in the Long-Term Care Setting
- SDAHO’s All-District Meeting in Pierre is next week Tuesday, February 21st. 2:30-4pm at the Ramkota with a legislative social from 5-8pm.
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!