Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our March 10, 2023 Long-Term Care weekly update:
- Webinar: Effective Communication to Build Vaccine Confidence
- Updates from Pierre – this was the last week of the 2023, 98th legislative session. Veto day is Monday, March 27
- President’s FY 2024 Budget.
- Measles Exposure:
- FDA Will Cease Authorizing Surgical Masks Under Umbrella EUA For COVID. .
- CMS transition of MDS to iQIES Will Occur on Monday, April 17.
- MedPAC Report on a Unified Payment System for Post-Acute Care Due by June 30, 2023.
- FTC Extends Public Comment Period on Its Proposed Rule to Ban Noncompete Clauses Until April 19.
- White House
- New Toolkit Details Ways to Control Group A Streptococcus in Long-Term Care Facilities.
- CBO – The Budget, the Economy, and the Budgetary Effects of Legislative Changes.
- CMS Clarifies Third Party Liability Responsibilities.
- OSHA Prevention of Workplace Violence
- New Action Alert: Complete the Workforce Snap Poll and Help Lawmakers Identify Aging Services Workforce Solutions!
- LeadingAge and Hospice Associations Meet with CMS Leadership. to
- What’s New at LeadingAge? It’s All Online!
- LeadingAge Co-signs Letter Opposing Proposed Immigration Services Fee Schedule Changes.
- Employee Retention Credit: Resources from FORVIS.
- Aging Committee Hearing, Highlights Direct Care Workers Shortage, and the Chairman’s New Bill to Address Medicaid HCBS and Support for Caregivers.
- SDAHO Webinar: The Past, Present and Future of Antibiotics: Why it’s All Our Concern:
- Careers in Aging Week, March 26-April 1:
- Argentum’s Workforce Projections for Senior Care Report:
- Older Adults 50+ Are Half of Nation’s Homeless Population.
- AHA Post-Acute Care Spotlight
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!