Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: March 24, 2023
- Governor Noem Approved the $7.4 Billion Budget for South Dakota in 2024.
- Governor Noem Signed HB 1078 Offering Adult Day Services $2 million for expansion of services and significant rate increase.
- Reminder of the DOH $20,000 Funding Opportunity for nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- DHS Implementation Timeline for new Rates
- Reminder – NHSN Going Off-line for Maintenance
- COVID EUA Declaration by HHS Secretary Becerra
- HCBS Settings Rule
- Federal Bill Would Expand Medicare, Medicaid Coverage for Dental, Vision. Hearing
- ACL Proposes to Expand their Direct Care Workforce Priorities
- Nursing homes must report flu vaccination among healthcare personnel by May 15
- CDC: Increasing Threat of Spread of Antimicrobial-resistant Fungus in Healthcare Facilities
- LeadingAge: Solutions for Aging Services Workforce Shortage
- HUD Secretary: Contemplated Cuts Would Cause Mass Evictions
- Secretary Becerra Appears Before Senate Finance Committee.
- Short-term Workforce Development Legislation Introduced
- Support for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- More Changes for NHSN Reporting
- Careers in Aging Week March 26 – April 1, 2023
- NORC Research – Value of Hospice in Medicare Report
- Ziegler March 2023 Report on Green Initiatives in Senior Living Organizations
- Burnout Affecting Staff Differently Across Home-Based Settings
- Webinar on Frontotemporal Degeneration, April 12 at Noon CST
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!