The impact nurses make on health care is unparalleled. For the past 3 years and counting, American Nurses Association (ANA) has championed a month long celebration that allows for greater opportunities to promote understanding and appreciation of the invaluable contribution of nurses!
Nurses truly make a difference by influencing and shaping health policy decisions that ensure all Americans have access to high-quality, affordable healthcare coverage.
That is why the ANA has selected the evergreen theme, You Make a Difference, to honor varying nursing roles as well as the positive impact nurses have on everyone’s lives.
National Nurses Month is divided into four weekly focus areas:
- Self Care ~ dedicated to cultivating and maintaining optimal mental health and physical well-being.
- Recognition ~ honor the work of nurses who lead, excel, and innovate in healthcare systems and communities, making them vital to transforming the future of healthcare.
- Professional Development ~ access resources and insights to guide nurses in their professional development. Focus on how to excel and lead in their nursing career or inspire others in their professional nursing journey.
- Community Engagement ~ Focus on engaging the community this week. Educate members of the community on what nurses do beyond the bedside – advocacy, shaping public policy, or serving as an organizational board member.
- templates, graphics, banners, etc.
- weekly themes and how to make the most of them
- suggestions on how to recognize your nurses
- how to promote the nursing profession to the public
- and more!