Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: August 4, 2023
- Electronic Visit Verification – SD Medicaid Home Health Services.
- Resources for People with Vision Loss Through Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired at 1-800-265-9684.
- SD DHS HCBS/LTSS Rate Methodology Workgroup
- CMS Finalizes 3.1% Pay Bump for Hospices In Fiscal 2024.
- Updates to Administrator Turnover Data Exclusions.
- New Emergency Preparedness Resources from ASPR TRACIE.
- IRS Issues ERC Memorandum on Supply Chain Disruption.
- USCIS Publishes Revised Form I-9
- CMS/CMMI Leadership writes update on accountable care strategy.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces Medicare Dementia Care Model.
- CMS Extending HCBS Waiver Services.
- CDC to Launch “Bridge Access Program” in Fall 2023 to Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccines to Uninsured and Underinsured Adults.
- 2023 We Honor Veterans Outstanding Program Award
- CMS releases CY2022 Q4 PEPPER Reports for Home Health Agencies
- CMS contractor data breach means new Medicare identification numbers being issued for some beneficiaries.
- New Resource: America Is Aging Infographic.
- Celebrating 5 Years of Online Learning.
- August is National Wellness Month.
- Reminder LeadingAge Clinical Procedures Manual, 22nd Edition now available.
- Senators Rosen and Boozman introduce new bill authorizing a long term care commission.
- Representatives Sewell (D-AL) and Adrian Smith (R-NE) introduce House version of Preserving Access to Home Health Care Act of 2023.
- CFPB Guides on Housing Decisions for Older Consumers Available for Download.
- Tune in to the SDAHO FREEBIE FRIDAY GIVE-AWAY!
- How AI@Work will Advance Human Intelligence – Member only Webinar – Aug 10.
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!