Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: September 15, 2023
- REMINDER – South Dakota Healthcare Coalition (SDHCC) Statewide Emergency Preparedness Exercise
- Balance Billing and Billing Medicaid Recipients
- Assisted Living Rate Methodology Workgroup
- 8th Annual USD Geriatric Symposium
- Bivalent mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines No Longer Authorized Due to Updated Vaccine
- HHS OIG Report – Georgia Could Better Ensure That Nursing Homes Comply With Federal Requirements for Life Safety, Emergency preparedness, and Infection Control.
- FDA Notice: Risk of Protection Failure with Certain O&M Halyard Surgical N95 Respirators, Surgical Masks, and Pediatric Face Masks.
- CMS Nursing Home Stakeholder Call was held on 9/14.
- CDC Will Change NHSN LTC Surveillance Definition of “Up to Date.”
- GAO Report on Medical Advertising and Federal Oversight of Devices
- Countdown to Latest PRF Reporting Deadline.
- FDA Approves New COVID Vaccine.
- ACL Proposes Adult Protective Services Rule, Seeks Comments
- American Medical Association Statement on Updated COVID-19 Vaccine
- Home Health Hearing in Senate Finance Subcommittee on Health Care
- Senate Committee to Vote on Healthcare Workforce Bill
- LeadingAge September Newsletter
- Apprenticeships: Build Your Team and Strengthen the Aging Services Workforce
- Affordable Housing at LeadingAge Annual Meeting!
- House, Senate, White House Wrangle on Appropriations
- Red Flags for Nonprofits in Housing Tax Credit Deals.
- Proposed Nursing Home Staffing Mandate FAQ.
- SDAHO has been Awarded Another HRSA Grant!
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!