Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: November 17, 2023
- SD DOH Holiday Decorations in Health Care Facilities Reminder:
- 2024 SD Communicable Disease Reporting Rule Update
- HHS Releases Proposed Rule Establishing “Disincentives” for Information Blocking.
- Biden-Harris Administration Continues Unprecedented Efforts to Increase Transparency of Nursing Home Ownership
- CMMI releases Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (GUIDE) Model Request for Applications (RFA)
- CMS Announces November Home Health, Hospice and DME Open Door Forum
- The U.S. Department of Labor Announces $98 Million to Support Pre-apprenticeships Programs
- LeadingAge Membership
- SDAHO Article on My Key Takeaways from the LeadingAge Annual Meeting
- Amendment to Prevent Federal Staffing Mandate Adopted in Appropriations Bill.
- MedPAC Examining 2 LeadingAge MA Concerns
- Make Your Holiday Communications Extra Special
- Commonwealth Fund Report – Helping Older Adults Age Well in Rural America
- Free Wound Care Education for Nursing Homes and Assisted Living!
- Great Webinars on November 30!
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!