Objectives: Gain a basic understanding of what guardianship/conservatorship is under the state laws of SD Gain a basic understanding of what patients are qualified candidates to
- Gain a basic understanding of what guardianship/conservatorship is under the state laws of SD
- Gain a basic understanding of what patients are qualified candidates to have a guardian/conservator
- Gain a basic understanding of the court process to have a guardian/conservator appointed
- Share case studies with group illustrating how guardianship/conservatorship helps patients, hospitals and facilities meet patient care goals
- Share statewide resources for guardianship/conservatorship
CE’s: NHA & SW
Jenny Schmidt, CEO, Black Hills Advocate
Jenny Schmidt is a board certified patient advocate and has over 25 years of experience working in the health care field. She has a passion for serving vulnerable people in our community. She is a Rapid City Stevens High School graduate. After graduation, Jenny honorably served in the Navy for four years as a field medical hospital corpsmen stationed with the United States Marine Corps. She went on to attend Elmhurst University in Chicago, graduating with honors with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Communication.
Seeing the need for someone to help people in the community quarterback care and ensure quality of life with an unbiased opinion and fierce allegiance only to the client, Jenny launched Black Hills Advocate in June of 2015 with a passionate focus on connecting people with the services that were right for them while ensuring delivery of the best care available.
Free for SDAHO Members: Sign in to the Member Portal and go to the Education Portal to register.
$49 for Non-Members: Click here to register.
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST