Utilizing the QAPI Process to Implement a Falls Management Program
Overview: This session will utilize the QAPI approach to assist you in setting up and implementing a Falls prevention program. This session will discuss interventions and day to day operations that
This session will utilize the QAPI approach to assist you in setting up and implementing a Falls prevention program. This session will discuss interventions and day to day operations that will help minimize fall risk. This session will also discuss interventions to consider upon admission.
- Identify programs and interventions that will help reduce fall risk.
- Describe how to implement a falls prevention program.
- Discuss considerations upon admission to reduce the risk of falls
CE’s: NHA & SW
Contact Hours: Nursing
Presenter: Jeri Lundgren, President, Senior Providers Resource
Jeri Ann Lundgren, RN, BSN, PHN, CWS, CWCN, CPT has been working in Long Term Care since 1990. She has focused on the effects of immobility and worked with Exercise Physiologists, Physical Therapists, Personal Trainers, Ergonomics and Nursing to develop the SeniorFit© Wellness program for falls prevention and mobility enhancement. Ms. Lundgren is a Certified Personal Trainer and specialist by the following:
- I.T.S/Florida Gulf Coast University, as a Certified Personal trainer (CPT,
- Ohio Health as a certified Delay the Disease Parkinson’s Specialist,
- Functional Aging Institute as a certified Aging Specialist focusing on personal training for those 55 years and older, and
- Open the Door to Tai Chi as a certified Tia Chi Instructor
Registration is free for SDAHO Members and $49 for Non-Members.
Click here to register.
Activity Information Provided to Learners:
- This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- SDAHO will award nursing contact hours by:
- Attendance for entire educational session
- Completed evaluation with at least one main concept learned
- No individual with the ability to control the content of this activity has any relevant financial relationship with ineligible companies to disclose.
- This enduring webinar is being recorded and the link will be on our SDAHO Educational Portal until Jan 17, 2025
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST