The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released five new videos that highlight culturally appropriate and tribally driven ways to improve long term care services and supports.
The series, presented by artist Kiowa-Choctaw and filmmaker Steven Paul Judd, covers the following topics:
- Traditional Foods for Tribal Elders (0:31)
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care for Tribal Elders (0:46)
- Home-Based Care for Elders and Tribal Members with Disabilities (0:34)
- Tribal Support for Caregivers (0:41)
- Financing Tribal Long-term Services and Supports (0:47)
The video series is a part of the resources shared through the Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Technical Assistance Center that guides American Indian and Alaskan Native program planning. More information can be found here. The LTSS Technical Assistance Center is supported by CMS, Indian Health Service and the Administration for Community Living.