American Hospital Association (AHA) President Rick Pollack sent a four-page letter to President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday, saying the organization looks forward to working with him and his administration to improve America’s health care system.
Read the full letter here.
Pollack says the AHA envisions a society of healthy communities in which all individuals reach their highest potential for health, and America’s hospitals are vital to meeting the health care needs of the communities they serve.
He noted five key areas in which the administration can help advance health in collaboration with Congress, the courts and health providers by:
- Reducing the regulatory burden faced by hospitals
- Enhancing affordability and value
- Improving quality and patient safety
- Ensuring access to care and coverage
- Continuing to advance health system transformation and innovation
Pollack urged Trump not to make any abrupt changes that could lead to significant instability of patients, providers, insurers and others.