The recording for the Dec. 28 Adult Services and Aging Home and Community Based Services Assisted Living Provider Education webinar is available online. (View above or visit this YouTube link.)
The topics of this webinar included:
- Bedroom or Apartment Door Locks: In provider owned or leased properties, individuals should be able to lock the door to their bedroom or apartment from non-staff if capable.
- Access to Food: Individuals are able to choose what time and where to eat. Individuals are able to make or request an alternative to any planned meals within their resources.
- Immediate Access to Setting: Individuals have immediate access to the setting 24/7.
The next webinar, is scheduled for Jan. 11 at 1:30 PM CST/12:30 p.m. MST, will cover the following topics:
- Work and Volunteer: Providers arrange supports for an individual to work or volunteer in an integrated setting when an individual is interested in
working or volunteering.
- Access to Community and Activities: Providers facilitate access to community activities and events.
To view South Dakota’s Transition Plan and to review information on the HCBS Settings Final Rule please visit: http://dss.sd.gov/medicaid/hcbs.aspx