The Executive Board of the South Dakota Legislature made the final member appointments at its June 10 meeting. Sixty legislators and non-legislators have been appointed to serve on five legislative interim task forces studying mental health issues in South Dakota.
The full memberships include:
• Redefine Acute Mental Health Hospitalization Task Force: Rep. Michael Diedrich (chair), Sen. Kris Langer (vice chair), Rep. Timothy Johns, Sen. Craig Kennedy, Greg Barnier, Judy Carroll, Terry Dosch, Amy Iversen-Pollreisz, Kari Johnston, Gary Marx, Amber Reints, and Katie Sullivan
• Reduce the Overall Use of Acute Mental Health Hospitalizations Task Force: Sen. Alan Solano (chair), Rep. Erin Healy (vice chair), Sen. Margaret Sutton, Rep. Steven Haugaard, Teri Corrigan, Jill Franken, Amy Iversen-Pollreisz, Jim Kinyon, Steve Lindquist, Dianna Marshall, Tom Stanage, and Barry Tice
• Leverage Telehealth and Telemedicine Task Force: Sen. Deb Soholt (chair), Rep. Herman Otten (vice chair), Sen. Jim Stalzer, Rep. Linda Duba, Rep. Tamara St. John, Brian Erickson, Amy Hartman, Amy Iversen-Pollreisz, Rebecca Kiesow-Knudsen, Susan Kornder, Melita Rank, and Kelly Serr
• Redefine Nursing Home Criteria and Build Capacity Task Force: Rep. Jean Hunhoff (chair), Rep. Rebecca Reimer (vice chair), Rep. Chris Johnson, Sen. Rocky Blare, Sen. Susan Wismer, Tony Erickson, Deepak Goyal, Amy Iversen-Pollreisz, Jeremy Johnson, Shawnie Rechtenbaugh, Phil Samuelson, and Laura Wilson
• Increase Community Services and Caregiver Supports Task Force: Rep. Tim Reed (chair), Sen. Wayne Steinhauer (vice chair), Rep. Tina Mulally, Rep. Carl Perry, Sen. Red Dawn Foster, Jesse Bailey, Colleen Casavan, Wendy Giebink, Amy Iversen-Pollreisz, Anne Kelly, Brandy Rhead, and Pam Vanmeeteren
The Reduce the Overall Use of Acute Mental Health Hospitalization Task Force meets on July 9 at 10:00 a.m. and the Increase Community Services and Caregiver Supports Task Force meets on July 19 at 10:00 a.m.
Full committee and task force memberships can be viewed on 2019 Interim Page along with along with agendas, minutes, and other meeting documents.